>From: Uri Guttman <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
>that is not a variable property so it should be
>a compile time error.

I was under the impression that compile time properties, like runtime
properties, can be arbitrarily invented and/or assigned.  If that is
correct, why would "my $var is true", meaningless though it is,
result in a compile time error? If my perception was incorrect, what
was the logic behind the decision that compile time properties must
be part of a predefined set, but runtime may be arbitrarily defined?
Or is there another explanation that I'm missing?  I think my
paradigm is shifting without a clutch.

Steve