"Sean O'Rourke" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

> On Thu, 12 Sep 2002, Piers Cawley wrote:
>
>> So, I know that recursion doesn't seem to work in the simple case, but
>> at least it reaches runtime. Mutual recursion doesn't even compile
>> successfully.
>
> It should do about this, since you're calling it with parens, but
> for the moment, you need to declare subs before they're called.
> Pretend you're programming in "Cerl", and be thankful you no longer
> have to have "sub main" ;).  Even with this, however, it is
> displeased with your use of given/when, which suffers from the same
> problem as your previous example.

Heh. I tried predeclaring using the apocalypse style:

   sub odd($n) {...}
   sub even($n) {...}

And that complained about the yadda, even though the functions were
then fully defined.

>> Sorry to keep throwing up errors, but I don't have the time at present
>> to go through the code to try and find where the problem arises, but I
>> think it's good to at least document the problem cases; if only so
>> they can get shoved into the test library...
>
> Fair 'nuff.  Though you could take the opportunity to inaugurate that
> lonely "perl6" queue in RT.

Well, it's an idea.

--
Piers

   "It is a truth universally acknowledged that a language in
    possession of a rich syntax must be in need of a rewrite."
         -- Jane Austen?