> I was beating my head on the wall yesterday trying to figure out why
> an intlist test was failing on a freshly updated source tree. (I
> rarely use 'make clean', because that's almost always just covering up
> dependency problems.) I'll leave out the gory details, but the problem
> boiled down to parrot/intlist.o and parrot/classes/intlist.o being
> treated as identical by ar. Upon further reading, it appears that for
> portability, we can only depend on the basename of ar entries.

Two things...

First:
One dependancy problem that comes up all the time is that classes/Makefile
doesn't have any dependancies upon GENERAL_H_FILES. These .o files aren't
updated if I change parrot headers, etc. The best way to solve this is put
the logic into the base parrot Makefile, although that could make makefile
generation a bit more difficult.

Second:
intlist is not the only culprit. ./classes/key.c and ./key.c have a
similar problem.

Mike Lambert