# New Ticket Created by  Jonathan Sillito
# Please include the string:  [perl #17811]

I have been playing with classes and instances for parrot. In
the process I found I needed a way to pass more information when
creating new pmcs. So the attached patch adds the op:

    new (out PMC, in INT, in PMC)

which calls the vtable function:

    void init_pmc (PMC* initializer)

My code that uses this op is not ready to submit, so the patch
does not include tests. However, if this op is wanted, the patch
should be safe to commit (all existing tests pass).

Later.
--
Jonathan Sillito

url: http://rt.perl.org/rt2/attach/39411/31983/683b0f/new_pmc.patch