From: Luke Palmer [EMAIL PROTECTED]
> I like the idea of this.  The finer details, like returning
> what to do, could be more elegant.  But the extensibility
> idea is golden.

Thanks Luke.  Your email made me think of another way of explaining the
concept.  Basically, what I'm suggesting is that certain common types of
exceptions could be handled in-place, instead of having to write exception
handlers.  Perl5 already does some things like this, e.g. undefs become
empty strings and zeros when needed.  I'm just suggesting formalizing the
process more so that custom in-place exception handlers can be implemented.

Does that make the "return what to do" concept a little more elegant? If
not, feel free to work a Pygmalion with my Eliza Doolittle.

-miko

http://mail2web.com/ .