Jason Gloudon wrote:

The vtable PDD refers to type_keyed returning the type of the *PMC*.  This
isn't accurate given the question. Should we change the PDD ?

As we are now (almost) able to generate packed arrays of chars, shorts ...., we should expand the type concept to not only the PMCs, but to all types.

Shouldn't a Perl Hash be a homogenous data structure, ie. it should contain
just PMCs ?

The current HASH_ENTRY holding a UnionVal and a type is more flexible, when native types are involved. So I'm not sure, if we should limit the value to be PMC only.

And after recent discussions WRT C# and JVM, we'll have a bunch of yet more native types in the future.

leo