Dan Sugalski:
# Okay, I'm about ready to just bite the bullet and declare that
# INTVALs have to be 64 bit integers.
#
# Does anyone know of a platform that has neither native nor emulated
# 64 bit integers? (One we're likely to run on, rather)

Mac Classic processors and Palm DragonBalls?

By the way, it looks like Palm OS now supports stdio emulation.  I don't
know what versions it works for (it mentions using a Palm VII, which
uses 3.2, I think), but that should make porting much easier.
Apparently, you write a host app with a text box and scroll bar, then
tell the stdio emulation system what those are called.  You then call a
specialized form of program; it must have linked in StdIOPalm.c.  More
info:
<http://www.palmos.com/dev/support/docs/palmos/StandardIOApp.html#102439
4>.

***

The Palm OSR supports command line (UNIX style) applications for
debugging and special purposes such as communications utilities. This
capability is not intended for general users, but for developers. This
feature is not implemented in the Palm OS, but rather by additional C
modules that you must link with your application.

Summary of Standard IO
Standard IO Macros and Functions
fgetc
fgets
fprintf
fputc
fputs
getchar
gets
printf
putc
putchar
puts
SioAddCommand
Siofgetc
Siofgets
Siofprintf
Siofputc
Siofputs
Siogets
Sioprintf
Sioputs
Siosystem
Siovfprintf
sprintf
system
vfprintf
Vsprintf

Application-Defined Functions
SioMain

Standard IO Provider Functions
SioClearScreen
SioExecCommand
SioFree
SioHandleEvent
SioInit

--Brent Dax <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
@roles=map {"Parrot $_"} qw(embedding regexen Configure)

Wire telegraph is a kind of a very, very long cat. You pull his tail in
New York and his head is meowing in Los Angeles. And radio operates
exactly the same way. The only difference is that there is no cat.
    --Albert Einstein (explaining radio)