Nicholas Clark wrote:

On Sat, Oct 26, 2002 at 01:13:12PM +0200, Leopold Toetsch wrote:

I committed a new multiarray.pmc, now based on list.c. It's not totally finished yet (the clone codes needs some polishing to call the init_pmc method) and needs a lot more tests.

But I hate failing tests ...

Make the tests that you know are currently failing TODO tests?

Currently on my system[1] and (working i.e. slightly modfied) copy of parrot CVS only t/src/manifest fails due to numerous test files I have here. The »manidiff« [2] WRT parrot is in relevant files zero - now.

Meaning no tests failing here.

When a test like this multiarray related fails, it could be of course

changed to a TODO status, but when looking at the SKIPed tests, it seems, that these stay at such a status forever (i.e. a long time in computer life cycle measures).

I believe that this is the purpose of the TODO feature.

I see the TODO feature rather like a thing not yet implemented, but should be in the near future. Multiarray is/was in the CVS tree, so doesn't meet this criteria for me.

Nicholas Clark

[1] i386/linux

[2] attached (tools/dev/manidiff.pl) checks to parrot trees, where
the other (CVS) is ../parrot

leo