At 12:54 PM -0500 10/28/02, Andy Dougherty wrote:
I need some portability help.  In config/auto/stackdir.pl (the stack
growth direction test) I want to portably compile and link together three
files.  (The functions are in separate files to prevent compiler
optimizations from fouling up the stack direction test.)

Currently, config/auto/stackdir.pl runs the following commands:

    $cc $ccflags -I./include -c test0.c
    $cc $ccflags -I./include -c test1.c
    $cc $ccflags -I./include -c test2.c
Those CC lines are wrong for VMS, where the include switch is "/INCLUDE=[.include]" and the -c isn't needed. :(

    $link $linkflags ${cc_exe_out}test$exe test0$o test1$o test2$o $libs
The object files need to be comma-separated for VMS, and the $cc_exe_out equivalent is (I think) /OUTPUT=test$exe.

I really need to get access to a VMS box again...
--
Dan

Dan Sugalski even samurai
[EMAIL PROTECTED] have teddy bears and even
teddy bears get drunk