--

On Wed, 30 Oct 2002 16:37:09
 Michael Lazzaro wrote:
>OK, by my count -- after editing to reflect Larry's notes -- only a few
>issues remain before the ops list can be completed.
>
>----
>
>1) Need a definitive syntax for hypers,
>     ^[op]  and  +op;
>    have been most seriously proposed -- something that keeps a
>    bracketed syntax, but solves ambiguity issues.

Maybe this is a bit radical (but hey, I'm not ashamed) but why not do
what Larry proposed way back in Apoc. 1, namely, grabbing <> from
iterators. Angel Faus already made a proposal for
grabbing them for a qw() variant. I'd prefer stealing them for
<hyperop> meself. I love hyperops (vector ops, if you prefer), can't
easily type +hyperop;, and ^[hyperop] leaves a bad taste in my mouth.

Maybe we could give fuel to Cozen's fire by totally dropping
consistency, and generalize hypers to some quote like variant
allowing you to define your own delimiters. Hey! then maybe hyper is
spelled map . . .

-Erik