Richard Nuttall <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:
> In a previous life, I worked as part of a team (implementing Expert
> Systems in VAX Pascal actually), and we had one person whose sole aim
> in life was to design and build test cases. In many cases his complete
> lack of knowledge of implementation detail was good because he thought
> up all sorts of tests that were useful because he wasn't as close to
> the trees as we were, in other cases some of the tests didn't exercise
> any new functionality because in the itnernals, seemingly different
> cases were implmented using the same functionality.

At the time. Those tests would still have value from the point of view
of ensuring that if the internals changed in such a way that the
'different' cases really were different, then the tests would ensure
that they still had correct behaviour. And anyway, who *cares* if you
have > 100% test coverage, the goal is at least 100%, not exactly
100%.

--
Piers

   "It is a truth universally acknowledged that a language in
    possession of a rich syntax must be in need of a rewrite."
         -- Jane Austen?