Leo --

> > If .sub ... .end bracket not a subroutine, but a unit of compilation
> > (module?), then
> > shouldn't we make the name reflect the purpose?

> A thing compiled in one piece ist mostly a subroutine.

I disagree. A think what is most often compiled in one piece is a file,
with a combination of sub and not-sub stuff in it, possibly a whole
class, or possibly just chunks of code (as with Jako and Perl).

Certainly while imcc operates on files, I would imagine it to be common
that a single source language file gets turned into a single .imc file,
which imcc turns into a single .pasm file, which assemble.pl turns into
a single .pbc file (its files all the way down :).

Regards,

-- Gregor