[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

.namespace WHILE_BLOCK

You should make uniq namespace identifiers (WHILE_BLOCK_$w, $w++). The generated variables (WHILE_BLOCK::i) keep there life[1] after end of the namespace and might collide e.g. with ".local num i" in the next while block.

[1] the varibale name and type is needed for register allocation.

... Here we can see that IMCC does
not discover that I4 can be optimized away. Is that something
I should be expecting in forthcoming IMCC releases?

Constant propagation (and other optimizations) are planned, yes.

I was thinking it might be nice to be able to do something like
this in the .imc file:

  .local int N 100 # Constant implied by value after name

This would help for the first occurance of N, but not in i.e.:

   i = N;
   j = i + i;

BTW, thanks for producing imcc.

Thanks forwarded to Melvin and Angel.