At 10:51 AM -0800 1/3/03, James Michael DuPont wrote:
Can someone tell me if anyone uses packdump from cvs? is that an
equivalent to ildasm in dotnet? It seems to be broken.
Can I dump an set of instructions from a program into a file, and
reassemble them?
If not, is there a way to dump a parrot program?
Not that I know of, I think so, damn, you should be able to, and no no other way.

Is there a way to capture the line number, and comments of a perl6
program in parrot? What about high level type information?
Line number, yes. Comments, probably not, though it's possible that info can get embedded. What type of high-level info are you looking for? We've all sorts. :) Seriously, if you're looking for variable type info, it'll potentially be there, assuming that it's not been stripped out.

I would be willing to port my code to the subset of perl/parrot that is
currently supported, where I can i find that?
Perl 6 is in languages/perl6, though I think that there's still some stuff missing.

--
Dan

Dan Sugalski even samurai
[EMAIL PROTECTED] have teddy bears and even
teddy bears get drunk