In a message dated Wed, 8 Jan 2003, Damian Conway writes:
> That way, everything is still a method call, the ultra-low precedence of
> <~ and ~> eliminate the need for parens, and (best of all) the expressions
> actually *look* like processing sequences.

I love this.

And any class could override the <~ operator, right?  So filehandles could
use it for output, etc.  I suppose it could be done like arithmetic
overloading, if you define both <~ ("I'm being pointed at from the right")
and ~> ("I'm being pointed at from the left") in your class then Perl will
use whichever appears in code, but if you define just one, Perl will use
it for both.

Trey
--
I'm looking for work.  If you need a SAGE Level IV with 10 years Perl,
tool development, training, and architecture experience, please email me