At 7:38 PM +0100 1/19/03, Leopold Toetsch wrote:
IMHO in the near future, the main makefile of parrot should do something equivalent to:

$ make
$ cd languages/imcc
$ make
$ cd -
$ mv parrot test_main
$ cp languages/imcc/imcc parrot
No--what we should do in the near future is:

$ make
$ make test

and be done with it. imcc shouldn't be a separate build step, it shouldn't build a separate executable, and, generally, shouldn't be separate. It has been up until now because it was convenient, but it's time for that to end and for it to get integrated with the core parrot code.

IMCC is our optimisation phase, so there's no point in keeping it separate any more.
--
Dan

Dan Sugalski even samurai
[EMAIL PROTECTED] have teddy bears and even
teddy bears get drunk