At 9:53 AM -0800 1/30/03, Michael Lazzaro wrote:
This is leading me to the conclusion that primitive-typed arrays should not be allowed to have defaults, period, and that attempting to place one should be a compile-time error. If you want a default, use C<Int> instead of an C<int>, and it will work fine.
This isn't necessarily an issue for low-level arrays/hashes. We've got to fill the new elements with something when we extend internal structures, so there's no reason not to set the default. Doesn't mean the default should be a value that can fall outside the range that's OK for the low-level type, but...
--
Dan

Dan Sugalski even samurai
[EMAIL PROTECTED] have teddy bears and even
teddy bears get drunk