At 4:17 PM +0100 2/11/03, Leopold Toetsch wrote:
[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

  The 2004 Performance challenge
    Dan announced that he'd made a bet with Guido van Rossum that Parrot
    would be faster at executing a pure python benchmark

You missed the pie as part of the penalty, though that might not have hit the list.

The challenge currently stands at $10, a round of beer for pythonlabs/zope folks (we've not determined Guido's beer debt yet) and a cream pie at 10 paces, with a flavor of the target's choosing. (Since Guido's going to get hit with it, he should at least get to choose the flavor I'm going to lob at him. Hate to hit him with something that'll trigger allergies)

The challenge system is x86 Linux with GCC, FWIW. I have this nagging feeling we'll be able to muster something that'll run on it... :)
--
Dan

Dan Sugalski even samurai
[EMAIL PROTECTED] have teddy bears and even
teddy bears get drunk