At 6:57 PM -0500 2/27/03, Benjamin Goldberg wrote:
These are, for all intents and purposes, tail-call optimized versions of
the two functions you showed.  True, this might not gain us much speed
in perl5, but it demonstrates the type of effect that I think that we're
aiming at, for parrot's tail-call optimization -- except of course that
in parrot, it would hopefully be faster.

But Ben... that's not what we're aiming for with the tail call optimization stuff. We're shooting for the traditional tail call semantics, the way I showed. Perl's funky goto, while useful and something we definitely need to support, isn't the proper design target here, as it's so infrequent relatively speaking.
--
Dan

                                      teddy bears get drunk