Brent Dax wrote:

First of all, Larry, do you have *any* idea how difficult you're making
my life?  :^)  This stuff is damn hard to implement--I'm at 450 lines
and counting, and I haven't even started the semantic analysis stuff,
let alone *tested* anything.  At least I have Filter::Simple's
FILTER_ONLY and P::RD to help me--without them, I'd be lost.  Thanks,
Damian!  (Perl 6 regexes map pretty well onto P::RD, but then I guess I
should consider the source. :^) )

Just wait till you see P::RD's successor: Perl6::Rules ;-)

Anyway, a couple questions as I rework and extend Perl6::Parameters:

-A6 mentions that unprototyped subroutines get their arguments in @_.
It also says that methods get their invocant in $_.  In an unprototyped
method, is the invocant in $_, @_[0], both, or neither?

The invocant is bound to both.

-What exactly does caller's $where parameter do?  Does it specify a
starting point for the search?

No, it specifies what kind of things to look at:

        caller Block;         # what block was this block called from?
        caller Sub;           # what subroutine was this called from?
        caller &foo;          # what &foo invocation was this called from?
        caller Method|Multi   # what (multi)method was this called from?

On reflection, maybe $where isn't the ideal name. Maybe $type, or $kind would be better?

Damian