Adrian> I don't see it as a real problem. If I've written a test I want it
Adrian> run. Otherwise I wouldn't have written it. Not running tests is pretty
Adrian> much the ultimate sin as far as I am concerned - but I'm odd that way
Adrian> :-)

But there's a difference between a test that makes sure you haven't
changed code to break something, and a test that I need to run while
installing to make sure you don't use something not in my environment.

All I'm asking for in my quest is to keep the "install health check"
tests down to a minute or two.  Remember that CPAN.pm insists that
"make test" works before I can install.