At 5:11 PM -0700 6/13/03, Jonathan Sillito wrote:
> -----Original Message-----
From: Leopold Toetsch [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]

[snip]

The compiler can't decide on not to emit saveall/restoreall - we are talking here about Parrot calling conventions and the caller saves all.

 The compiler may omit the saveall/restoreall on the last function call,
 *if* the compiler is really sure, that its calling really a leaf (If
 that returns with C<invoke> the compiler *doesn't* be sure).

The calling convention says that the caller saves everything that the caller cares about, but that may not be everything. If a sub uses only one or two registers it only needs to save those before calling another sub ... right?

Right. I'm rewriting some of PDD 03 to make that much clearer. -- Dan

                                      teddy bears get drunk