Benjamin Goldberg wrote:
For more complex cases timely destruction will not be assured.

Which is not-so-good. We'd like timely destruction *always*

However, given that your suggestion can be implemented purely through
compile time behaviors, there's no reason we can't use what you've
suggested for the simple case, and some *other* solution for more
complex cases.

I think that you will run into the halting problem here... Without ref counting or running dod frequently I am not sure that you can guarantee timely destruction, in complex cases...

Matt