Ahh, clever.  That's likely to work for systems which use the dlopen()
dynamic loading interface.  I don't know if it will also work on HP-UX,
AIX, and Mac, though there's likely some equivalent trick.  (Similarly,
non-Unix systems such as Win32, VMS, and OS/2 will need some
platform-specific trick, though I realize the original query was limited
to Unix systems.)

--
    Andy Dougherty              [EMAIL PROTECTED]

As a brief aside, under win32 the dlopen trick could be emulated by GetProcAddress, LoadLibrary and GetModuleHandle.

Hope this helps.
Matt Seddon.

Find a cheaper internet access deal - choose one to suit you. http://www.msn.co.uk/internetaccess