Ah, summertime (at least here in the northern hemisphere).  The language list
has slowed down to a trickle, hopefully because everybody is relaxing in a
cool place, idly sipping non-alcoholic spritzers next to some special person,
reading low-brow literature (or, as in my case, Apoc 6).

This is a good time for a little daydreaming.  I know everybody here has at
some point thought of some feature in Perl6  "Ooo, I can't wait to use that."
It would be interesting to hear your Perl6 daydreams.

I'll start the show.

- I'm looking forward to more Pure Perl modules.  I frankly admit that I
don't like coding in C.  Every time I download a module that has compiled C
code I feel like I'm stuck in some place where I want to play baseball and
everybody else wants to play cricket.  Maybe C and cricket are  "better" by
some set of constraints, but they aren't the games I want to play, and I
think a lot of other people feel that way too (about Perl, anyway). I predict
that with byte-coded Perl as the standard, more modules will be written in
Pure Perl.  I more than predict it, I intend to help make it happen.  One of
the projects I would like to initiate in Perl6 would be a Pure Perl graphics
class for generating PNG graphics on the fly.

- I'm just vain enough to admit that I'm looking forward to pointing out some
small feature of Perl6 and saying  "See that?  That was *my* idea."

-Miko

Miko O'Sullivan
Programmer Analyst
Rescue Mission of Roanoke