Sean O'Rourke wrote:

On Thu, 17 Jul 2003, Leopold Toetsch wrote:

Replacing the next instruction with a branch to the signal handler
(like adding a breakpoint) out of the question?

I don't know, how to get the address of the next instruction i.e. the
"PC" above.

Thinking more of this: There is no next instruction for branches, or better there are 2, where the second isn't known. Seems to be the end of this one.
Remaining is:
1) save & fill the byte_code with event handler ops.
2) use address relative to op_func_table
3) Or the "official" way: do regular checks.
I estimate 2) to be best for prederefed code. 3) is the only one for JIT.

leo