JüRgen" "BöMmels <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> QUESTION: The calling convention for methods states that P2 should be
> the object the sub was called on. The current build_call_frames pushes
> the object starting at P5. How can the NCI-Interface be extended to
> pass objects in P2 down to the c-functions?

This calling convention is AFAIK for PASM object code only. I would
just pass the object itself with your 'P' signature in P5,6,...

> QUESTION: The class initialisation code seems strange to me. Will the
> class initialisation be called once for each interpreter (there are
> interpreter variables in there) or once for each program start (the
> classes are entered in a static array Parrot_base_vtables)?

It should probably done only once. We have to sort interpreter->iglobals
into 2 such lists: per interpreter globals and global globals. When
that's done, interpreter init can check if the previous interpreter
already had the real globals and when yes, just sets a pointer to these.

The make_interpreter() should then be:
    make_interpreter(prev_interpreter);

> bye
> boe