# New Ticket Created by  "Arcady Goldmints"
# Please include the string:  [perl #23115]

Contrary to popular belief, linux does run on things other than x86, and people with
powerpc machines do use OSs other than Darwin. It seems, however, that the parrot
configure system does not detect my platform as JIT-capable, even though I have a
strong suspicion that it would work anyway. However, I don't understand the configure
system well enough to get it to let me use JIT. Also, the executable file generator
(jit/ppc/exec_dep.h) only supports Darwin Mach-O files, and not powerpc linux which
uses ELF.

Arcady