>This only happens on Windows. On Linux i can build pdb and step
>through the pasm code. This smells like makefile problems. Can you try
>the attached patch?

WORKS! I'm out of English words; I just run mandel.pbc in pdb
and it printed out such a cool Mandel bug or whatever(or maybe
even Leon Brocard's fingerprints, who knows). Wow!

>perl is running during the test keeping the file open. Parrot also
>tries to open this file, does not catch this error and failes badly.
>But why 'Can't spawn'?

Nevermind. PIO has no concern with "Can't spawn". While make test I get
this error every time after my windows 2000 spits out qq/Intsruction to
the address (e.g.) 0x00401a8c addressed to memory to the address
0x00000069. Memory can't be "read"/; I received the error either when
we had problems(at least on Win32) with printf formats in t/op/string.t.
For example on my computer a test based on this C-code

int main(int argc, char **argv) {
    printf("ok %s", 's');
    return 0;
}

will end up with the same "Can't spawn".