Benjamin Goldberg <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Leopold Toetsch wrote:

>> Further: having clone implemented in terms of freeze + thaw needs
>> additional memory for the intermediate frozen image. Isn't that
>> suboptimal?

> Only slightly -- It's just *one single* PMC's data that's stored in that
> additional memory.

Didn't you mention that freeze() won't return, until its done for that
PMC. This means, that cloning a aggregate of 100.000 plain ints would
generate the whole byte streamm of all items, which then gets thawed
again.

> And if we have a seperate clone vtable method, then there's a chance
> that our cloning procedure will drift apart from our freezing/thawing
> procedure.

Yes. so still IMHO:

>> A general traverse routine or iterator seems to be more flxible.

and no, not that one inside DOD, that one doesn't handle duplicates.

leo