Andy Dougherty <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

> On Sat, 30 Aug 2003, Juergen Boemmels wrote:
>
> > the make shipped with Borland C++ builder doesn't like the makefiles
> > in the current way. I had to tweak the buildfiles a little in order to
> > get it Configure and compile. (It still does not link but thats
> > another story). I removed the appearences of && in the Makefiles with
> > ${make_and} which is defined to '&&' on all platforms but bcc, and
> > simplified the cd dir && make && cd .. case by using a
> > perl-replacement for the -C commandlineoption of make on windows
> > platforms.
>
> make -C is non-portable even among Unix systems.  I think it's a
> GNU-specific extension.  It's not in Solaris make nor in BSD make,
> as far as I can tell.
>
> In short, if you have a portable perl-replacement for it, perhaps you
> should just use your replacement everywhere.

Ok will look into this. I need to fix the quoting to work under Unix
and Windows. Should the name of the replacement-script still be
$(MAKE_C) or should I use some other name.

bye
boe
--
Juergen Boemmels                        [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Fachbereich Physik                      Tel: ++49-(0)631-205-2817