On Tue, 9 Sep 2003, Luke Palmer wrote:

> Okay, after some major changes, here's the second revision of my patch.
> This one is fully functional.
>
> On my system, it creates over a 10x speedup for lazy DOD runs!

What's it do for non-lazy runs?

> (I'll post the benchmark program if someone wants; it's pretty long)

Please do. Better yet, commit it to the benchmark directory.

I'd like a test program for this. It doesn't necessarily have to be a .t
test (though that wouldn't hurt) but I'd like it to try as hard as it
possibly can to break this code. You've written it, so go over the code
and look for edge cases, weak spots, and other dodgy bits, and try and
construct a test to stress them.

If this all works out, we can commit the changes. (At some point we should
talk about what sorts of source support would be needed for proper
generational GC, but lets get this in first)

                                        Dan