Should "parrot -t 2> /dev/null" work the same as "parrot 2> /dev/null" ? (that is, are the results of the program the same except for the additional output printed to stderr?)

I have a fairly large .imc (with some supplemented files .included in) which compiles to a 12048 byte .pbc.

When run as "parrot tcl.pbc foo.tcl", it goes into an infinite loop (not by design, I'm trying to debug something =-) and generates tens of thousands of lines of output before I control-C it.

When run as "parrot -t tcl.pbc foo.tcl 2> /dev/null", it immediately exits, printing nothing to standard out. (if I peek at the output to stderr, I see it's executing something. =-)

I've saved a snapshot of my code repository if it's needed for archaeology.

--
Will "Coke" Coleda will at coleda dot com