Dan Sugalski wrote:

...I can, and have, written the C code to make this happen in build_nativecall.pl, but that doesn't help on the x86 platforms which build this stuff up dynamically.

You allways can edit nci.c (or build_nativecall.pl) and undef (or mangle the define of) CAN_BUILD_CALL_FRAMES, so that the C code is used.

Could someone take a look at build_nativecall.pl to see what the C looks like, and thump jit_emit.h appropriately? Thanks.

I've added the 'b' signature, but its totally untested. Do you have a test case for 'b' and 'B', so that I can implement the latter?

Dan

leo