Juergen Boemmels <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> It turned out, that it was even simpler. The explicit sweeping is
> already in the code, but is only triggered if there are objects which
> need _early_ destruction, not if objects just need
> destruction. Removing this test made it work.

Why can't you call PIO_finish(DO_FLUSH) before the sweep? I don't
understand these workarounds. Also you mark the IOdata live, only that
they are destroyed 3 lines later then.

If there are no objects that need timely destruction, the sweep is wasted
time.

> Fix is commited.

Not IMHO.
PIO_finish still does not release the standard handles and valgrind
complains about invalid reads in PIO_flush_down.

> cu
> boe

leo