On Thu, 2003-10-16 at 10:46, Ovid wrote:

> I was browsing through the Perl core tests and I saw that some tests in the t/uni/
> directory used
> Test::More, but most other tests would explicitly 'print "ok 1\n"'.
>
> Is this to reduce the dependancy of the core tests on external modules (and if so,
> why does t/uni/
> not follow the convention) or have they simply not been converted?

Stuff in t/op mostly can't use Test or Test::More because those modules
rely on the features being tested.  Most everything else can use
Test::More.  Barring any Unicode-related fiascos (of which I am proudly
and blissfully unaware), they probably haven't been converted yet.

My goal was to improve coverage so every piece had at least nominal
tests that could be improved, not to improve every existing test.  Other
people have had different goals.  (It feels pretty good to port the
tests to a more maintainable framework.)

-- c