Leopold Toetsch <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

> Andy Dougherty <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
> > Sorry, I guess I should have been more explicit.  What folks apparently do
> > is have the sources on an NFS server mounted read-only.  They then build a
> > symlink tree onto a local read-write filesystem and run the build there.
> > Thus they can create all the new files they want, but they can't touch or
> > change the source files.
>
> That works except for the imc{parser,lexer} generated files. But we
> could remove touching these files. When Configure.pl --maintainer was
> run, you probably have the tools to create these files.

Some different idea:

Rename imc{parser,lexer}.[ch] files in CVS to
imc{parser,lexer}_c.generated. In non--maintainer mode these files are
simply copied, wheras in --maintainer mode the files are regenerated
from the sources imcc.[ly]. I think gcc uses something similar.

I don't think we even need to preserve the history
imc{parser,lexer}.[ch]; they are generated files anyway.

bye
boe
--
Juergen Boemmels                        [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Fachbereich Physik                      Tel: ++49-(0)631-205-2817