At 10:09 PM -0500 12/2/03, Melvin Smith wrote:
At 10:52 AM 12/2/2003 -0500, Dan Sugalski wrote:
Single-inheritance objects seem to be done. The code can use a lot of abuse and cleanup, and we need actual tests to make sure that it functions as it should, but they're in.

Let me start the abuse.

*(cough)* examples would be nice ;)

Examples? We don' need no steenkin' examples! :-P

*) Creating new objects involves calling the ->init vtable entry *on the class*. Because of this each class gets a custom vtable where the init method has been swapped out for one (from objects.c) that creates a new object instead.

So do you want an init op added to object.ops or is there something I am missing.
I did toss in 'isa', although the implementation is wrong as you said.

Nah. new works just fine for objects, as it ought. -- Dan

                                      teddy bears get drunk