At 03:05 PM 12/11/2003 -0500, Gordon Henriksen wrote:
Melvin Smith <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> my $foo = Oracle::Instance::DEV1::db_block_buffers;
>
> The namespace lookup in Oracle::Init checks the Oracle config
> parameters which is external code.
>
> All sorts of neat possibilities. :)

It is truly remarkable the lengths that Perl programmers seem to be
willing go to in order to hide a function call or obscure the existence
of an object. :)

I'm not an advocate of the feature, but it is novel. Tying is a requirement of Perl, or so Dan has told me. Now that I think of it, I'm not sure I've seen any official requirement for tying namespaces, but it is probably orthogonal to tying classes. You might not want to take my example seriously as I'm not a Perl6 authority.

-Melvin