In former days and before YAPC::EU I changed the original clone vtable, which was IIRC:
PMC* clone() # return new clone of pmc
to the now existing form, which gets an uninitialized destination PMC. This change was at that time necessary because of reasons described in
F<docs/dev/infant.dev> keyword "Variant 2: Anchor early, anchor often".

This is solved, stackwalking during DOD works, so /me thinks, that we can use again the original signature of the clone vtable. This does also simplify switching clone to Parrot_clone (the real and final clone via freeze/thaw), which just happens to return a newly created PMC.

leo