I've added a new op to the list, foldup, to make unprototyped calls (and some prototyped calls) a bit easier. The syntax is:

foldup Px

and Px gets a brand new Array PMC, with all the PMC arguments put into it. This includes all the args in PMC registers as well as args in the overflow array.

I've been finding that the current scheme, with registers used for args with overflow into P3, actually works nicely for most calls, though admittedly these have all been prototyped or semiprototyped calls where I don't have to deal with true vararg lists. For those... foldup. :) This is doable in assembly, certainly, but that's a pain, and it's easier to write C code.

I have found, with this, that IMCC isn't handling the updated calling conventions, so when that happens foldup'll need to be fixed.

There's even a test, amazingly enough.
--
                                        Dan

                                      teddy bears get drunk