Dan Sugalski wrote:

At 3:27 PM -0500 12/28/03, Matt Fowles wrote:

Leopold Toetsch wrote:

I'd use a custom hash with the PMC address being the key[1]. /Me thinks, it
doesn't help, when a PMC gets registered multiple times - its always the
same address - removing it multiple times is fine, the first succeeds,
following fail silently, they do nothing.

On a side note, couldn't this be used for the explicit root set augmentation version of DOD that was discussed?

If you're speaking of what I think you are (my memory sucks) then this is exactly that. If you're not speaking of what I think you are, then no it isn't, but you can probably use it for that. :)

I am, but there is a little more. The explicit root set augmentation was suggested as a way to avoid stackwalking. I know that in general you want stack walking to make it easier to extend parrot in C. However, we could have a flag which enables or disables stack walking. Then routines that want to can use this explicit root set augmentation and disable stack walking. This might allow better speed for people who are willing to go though the pain of registering/unregistering their infants.

Matt