Andy Lester wrote: wrt RGS feedback,

I don't get the rationale for this change; diag() is supposed to be
used for error/diagnostic messages, right ? not for comments, more
mundane in nature. (This perturbs the nice line-up of my test logs.

Go ahead and patch it. I'll add an "unless $ENV{PERL_CORE}" in the next release.

Darn dual-life modules...

xoa

Well, it seems Ive been abusing diag() for some time now :-O

Is there a 'right' way to do this ?  perhaps just using ok() ?
or maybe  a new function, ex: note() is better:

note......................................ok# YOUR INFORMATIONAL MESSAGE HERE

Since Ive been using diag() to denote groups of tests,
which separates chunks of  foo ................. ok,
But this appears to be precisely what RGS doesnt like.
Hence ive UPCASEd the note to give it some of the visual distinction
that I got from diag(), hopefully w/o the annoyance.

Is this worthwhile ? If so, Ill work up a patch