At 8:19 PM +0100 1/4/04, Leopold Toetsch wrote:
Its a bit complicated and brain-mangling, the more in the absence of any examples, but the current design in pdd16 seems to lack some flexibility and is IMHO missing the proper handling of the (library-provided) external_data. The latter will be passed to the Sub somehow, but what then?

Well...

The current system's simple on purpose, because making sure all the possible callback function signatures are supported would just be a massive pain in the neck. (Not that we're not going well into the nuts category with the current NCI setup--nci.o is 143K on my system right now--but there are limits even for me :)

Before we go extend things any more, let's get the current system fleshed out some (heck, let's get it working!) and then use it as a base to proceed. The first order of business is for me to get pdd16's examples a bit better fleshed out so folks know what I'm talking about, and then go from there.
--
Dan

                                      teddy bears get drunk