All~

I just got a brand new checkout tonite and have the following problem:

$ perl Configure.pl

Parrot Version 0.0.13 Configure 2.0
Copyright (C) 2001-2003 The Perl Foundation.  All Rights Reserved.

Hello, I'm Configure.  My job is to poke and prod your system to figure out
how to build Parrot.  The process is completely automated, unless you passed in
the `--ask' flag on the command line, in which case it'll prompt you for a few
pieces of info.

Since you're running this script, you obviously have Perl 5--I'll be pulling
some defaults from its configuration.

Checking MANIFEST...done.
Setting up Configure's data structures...done.
Checking for --miniparrot...done.
Enabling optimization...(none requested) done.
Determinig nongenerated header files...done.
Determining what C compiler and linker to use...done.
Determining what types Parrot should use...done.
Determining what opcode files should be compiled in...done.
Setting up experimental systems...done.
Determining what pmc files should be compiled in...done.
Tweaking ccflags...done.
Determining your minimum pointer alignment... not tested (4) done.
Probing for C headers...done.
Determining some sizes...Linker failed (see test.ldo) at lib/Parrot/Configure/Step.pm
line 233
       Parrot::Configure::Step::cc_build() called at config/auto/sizes.pl line 39
       Configure::Step::runstep('undef') called at lib/Parrot/Configure/RunSteps.pm
line 68

Parrot::Configure::RunSteps::runsteps('Parrot::Configure::RunSteps','debugging',1)
called at Configure.pl line 94

$ cat test.ldo /usr/bin/ld: cannot find -lgdbm_compat collect2: ld returned 1 exit status

Hope someone know more about this gdbm_compat thing then I do...

I am running a relatively stock Debian testing box.

Hope this helps,
Matt