On Jan 11, 2004, at 3:10 AM, Leopold Toetsch wrote:

Bernhard Schmalhofer <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

'make fulltest' gives 6 reports. 5 reports for different parrot options plus
1 report for t/src/*.t.

Dou you see a simple way, to run all tests in one harness for "fulltest". That would need some configure hints, which run-loops are available and then run one test X times in a loop with the appropriate run-loop switch - or something like that.

I have a patch which lets you run multiple sets of tests in t/harness, and get one summary at the end. (I was working a bit on the same problem as Bernhard, but from a different direction, so I think we have met in the middle.)

Essentially, it lets you do things such as this:

perl t/harness -b t/op/*.t t/pmc/*.t t/src/*.t -j t/op/*.t t/pmc/*.t

instead of having to do:

        perl t/harness -b t/op/*.t t/pmc/*.t t/src/*.t
        perl t/harness -j t/op/*.t t/pmc/*.t

and gives you a single summary at the end.

Unfortunately it requires modification of Test::Harness to allow multiple sets of tests to be summarized together, so we'd have to add that to the repository along with our other Test:: modules. But it's a straightforward modification.

I'll clean up my t/harness changes to make them relative to Bernhard's patch, and send it all in.

JEff