Okay, here's a task for the perl 5 proficient. I may have mentioned this before, but maybe not.

What we need, or at least could really use, is a script that automatically generates missing vtable methods for PMCs. Not defaulting, the way we have now, but actual real working entries.

For example, if we have a (non-hypothetical) Integer class which has get/set integer as real working vtable entries, the template generator should be able to construct get/set string, number, and PMC functions, a String class should be able to have get/set integer, number, and pmc functions, and so on. The binary vtable ops are also constructable this way in part, as are the keyed variants. (If there's a _keyed variant, the _keyed_int variant is constructable, and vice versa)
--
Dan

                                      teddy bears get drunk