Stéphane Payrard <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Example:

>    .sym scalar var
>    new var, .Perlint  # the instance is a substype of C<scalar>

  .sym pmc var

is as good. There isn't any difference. Its even simpler for compiler
writers.

> My understanding is that we already have that. C<noinit> types
> define methods used by derived types. So I still fail to
> understand the difference between C<noinit> and C<abstract>

AFAIK: C<abstract> would be the thing with a vtable which is never
instantiated. It could be useful for overriding a bunch of dynamic
vtable methods on behalf of derived types. We don't have that currently.

>  stef

leo