Harry Jackson <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Leopold Toetsch wrote:

>> [ Please provide patches relative to parrot root to simplify applying ]

> Do you mean we should be using:

> cvs -Q diff -c > patchfile.txt

> when creating our patches rather than just diff'ing two files and then
> sending them with

I don't care, if the diffs are done by "cvs diff" or by diffing a
changed source against an up-to-date Parrot tree. But diffs should be
done always from parrot's root directory, so that file paths in patch
files contain the directories of the files:

$ diff -u ../parrot-from-cvs/src/some_file.c src/some_file.c  # fine

$ cd src
$ diff ...    # wrong

BTW don't we have some docs/*.pod with a summary of sending patches?
Also the F<gettingingstarted.pod> seems to be missing in the tree.

> Harry

leo