How do you handle operator precedence/associativity?

That is,

   $a + $b + $c

If you're going to vectorize, and combine, then you'll want to group. I
think making the vectorizer a grouper as well kills two birds with one
stone.

  $a + >>$b + $c<<

vs.

  $a +<< ($b + $c)

> You might argue that we should force people to think of it one way or
> the other.  But there's a reason that some people will think of it
> one way while others will think of it the other way--I'd argue that
> vectorization is not something that happens to *either* the operand
> or the operator.  Vectorization is a different *relationship* between
> the operator and the operand.  As such, I still think it belongs
> between.
>
> Plus, in the symmetrical case, it *looks* symmetrical.  Marking the
> args in front makes everything look asymmetrical whether it is or not.

Just a refresher, what *exactly* does vectorization do, again?  I think of
it as smart list-plus-times behavior, but when we go into matrix arithmetic,
that doesn't hold up. Luke?

=Austin